Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mommy, I have enough

So, last Friday I got home from work and there was the need to take care of dinner, and babies, and still pay attention to Johanna. Well, I found a chapstick in a flavour I don't care for and since Johanna likes taking my chapsticks, I thought she might enjoy it. So I gave it to her and reassured her that it was her chapstick. She's been very good with using my chapstick properly and was very happy to have her own.

A few minutes later, she emerged from her playroom and handed me a mostly empty tube of chapstick and said "Mommy, I have enough". I replied "Why yes honey, you do have enough" as I looked at the little sweet images you can see in the attached pictures. That is in fact even chapstick on her neck. I was in fits of giggles over her chapsticking skills, and luckily it came off relatively easily without a major tantrum at bathtime.

I guess everyone has to learn at some point that two year olds will not behave the same way all the time and you shouldn't give them chapstick and then let them play relatively unsupervised with it!

No comments: